As we expand YLAC’s footprint, we need dynamic and energetic people to join us in our mission to deepen citizen engagement around the world. If you are someone who is keen to work at the intersection of active citizenship, education and public policy, come work with us! We are looking to hire for the following position at the moment:
This role is an opportunity to increase citizen engagement in governance and change the way civic education is imparted by developing experiential learning programs that leave a deep impact on people. The role involves interacting with young people – from high school students to professionals – and jet-setting across cities (in the post-pandemic world) to spread our message of civic action far and wide. If this sounds exciting to you, then read on!
The role will entail a mix of different workstreams:
- Managing civic education partnerships to develop experiential learning curriculum for schools
- Handling YLAC’s flagship initiatives such as the Counter Speech Fellowship, the Young Researchers for Social Impact Program, the Digital Champions Program and the Oxfam Equality Clubs, including supervision and performance management of fellows as well as program delivery
- Supporting campaigns such as the #BengaluruMoving campaign by designing engagements to get citizens to take the lead on advocacy
- Engaging with program partners to shape and enhance our interventions; developing new partnerships to further the cause of citizen engagement
- Exploring avenues to expand our footprint to other cities, including tier II and III, by redesigning existing initiatives to set them up for scale
- Developing and implementing communications strategies to build greater visibility for YLAC programs
An ideal candidate is someone who is excited to work at the intersection of education and citizen engagement and is passionate about interacting with young people. While we are open to receiving applications from anyone passionate about the role, we would prefer that a candidate have:
- A background in education/ experiential learning/ civic engagement or other related areas
- 2-5 years of work experience
- Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail
- Equal parts comfort with spreadsheets and people
- Ability to work in a dynamic working environment with a strong desire to learn new skills
Perks and Compensation
- Compensation commensurate with experience and in line with market expectations
- An intellectually stimulating working environment with colleagues from top schools in India and abroad
- A chance to work directly with marquee partners and clients
- An opportunity to make a long-lasting impact on the policymaking discourse
We are working remotely at the moment, but once the situation normalizes, we’ll be working from our office in Lajpat Nagar III, New Delhi with frequent travel to locations across the country.
To apply, please submit your details along with your resume and two references through the form here. References of people who have directly supervised your work are preferred. Applications will be processed on a rolling basis; you are encouraged to send in your submission as soon as possible. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In case you are interested in core public policy research and advocacy roles, consider YLAC’s sister concern The Quantum Hub. You may read more about the organization and potential roles on its website here.